Who doesn’t enjoy building sand castles on one of Florida’s best beaches?
Delray Beach is One of America’s Most Fun Small Towns!
People often associate kids with sandcastles.
Well, children and sandcastles do go hand in hand but age does not matter when you are on the beach. Also, you can have fun helping your little “architect” construct a wondrous castle with sand on South Florida’s premier beach on the Atlantic Ocean.
You may not be aware of it but Delray Beach is well-known for having one of the best sandcastle competitions each Fourth of July in the state of Florida.
Sandcastle Contest on Delray Beach
Each year there is a sand castle sculpting competition that takes place in Delray Beach, Florida. The contest occurs each 4th of July on the beachside.
The sandcastles built in Delray Beach are artistic and creative and if you happen to take a stroll around the beach you will be mesmerized at the sight of these amazing sandcastles.
The sand “sculptors” use food coloring and powdered paints to add colors to the castles. Prizes are given to the designer who makes the best sandcastle.
Aren’t you all excited to participate in the sandcastle sculpting competition next year at Delray Beach?
Wouldn’t you like to learn how to make the dazzling sandcastles?
Read on for amazing tips on how to build a sandcastle:
Tips for Building the Best Sandcastle
- Of course, you need to understand that you cannot sculpt a castle unless the sand is wet. The wet sand can be carved and molded easily so use plenty of water.
- Build a solid base with wet sand. Pat it with your hands and sand tools to make it firm. Unless the foundation is strong enough to bear the weight of your castle, you cannot make a contest winning sandcastle.
- Pile the sand up according to your desired height and then carve your way down with the right tools. Keep the sand moist while you are performing this activity.
- A spray bottle will assist you in wetting the sand as soon as it begins to dry and crumble. The spray only ought to be a light mist or else it could damage the sandcastle.
- The towers are best made by emptying the compact wet sand from a bucket. Lift the bucket gently and use a short spade to scoop out the sand.
- From bottom to top, the towers ought to become smaller.
- Do not proceed downwards until the top portions are completely done.
- Make the sandcastle look neat and tidy by blowing away the excess sand with a straw.
Decorating Your Sandcastle
There are a number of different ways through which you can decorate your sandcastle to make it more exotic and customized.
Here are exciting ideas for decoration:
- Stick flags to you sand fortress and make use of toys as castle decorating pieces.
- Nothing beats natural decoration by using ocean materials like seashells, bird feathers, colorful rocks seaweeds, and driftwood.
- Popsicle and ice-cream sticks, candy and chips wrappers, paper plates and cups make up excellent decoration pieces for the sandcastle. Just let your imagination get wild and you will be able to construct a prize-winning sandcastle in Delray Beach, FL!